I never think that librarians are super friendly folks, but maybe I just always run into ones that would rather be reading than working. So when I signed up for my library card they weren't overly welcoming. But this past visit when I went they actually were willing to help me (I was shocked!) I went looking for baby name books, but since there selection is limited they didn't have any on there shelves, but were willing to order them from other libraries within Queens. So I requested 4 baby name books, that should be enough to help us figure out what to name our little man.
Once I was there and had the baby name books ordered I figured I would browse their small selection to see what they had. I came home with 4 books. One book about all the different restaurants in Queens so that has been fun to browse. We have quite the wish list of places where we would like to eat while we are here. Another book is about being an organized mom, I haven't picked that one up yet so we'll see. I checked out the book Belly Laughs which is all about pregnancy (the lovely and not so lovely) which was a really funny, quick read, but she could have used less language, so a fun read if you're expecting but you'll have to overlook some things. The last book is called Friendship Makes the Heart Grow Fonder. On the front it says "This book is as comforting as a cup of tea with your best friend." So since I was in a sappy I miss my friends sort of mood I checked it out. It's been a great read so far about 3 who decide to complete the bucket list of one of the friends that her and her husband compiled before he passed away. They are currently traveling in Europe which is fun to read about it. If you're looking for a fun read with some sappy elements so far it's been great! I'm about half way done.
What are you reading? I would love good recommendations!
Here's my reading list :)
No comments:
Post a Comment