Saturday, September 21, 2013

Nursery Fabric!

So yesterday Gabe and I went to Joann's Fabric to pick out what we wanted for Grape's nursery. We had a fun time. Gabe is surprisingly good at mixing/matching patterns and colors. I was impressed! We are going with an aqua/teal/bluish color and gray. Here's a picture of the fabric. Hopefully you can see it :)

 

The fabric on the far left with the little black dots will be the curtains. Fabric middle top (white background) was the inspiration for the color scheme. Gabe picked it out, it's hard to tell but in the middle of some of the circles there's outlines of different forest animals like deer, bears etc. The grey variation to the right of the white fabric will be in the quilt. The blue chevron on the far right I'm planning on sewing onto some of his burp rags. The aqua/teal combo bottom/middle of the page will be the bed skirt and also in the quilt. The dark grey chevron at the bottom of the page will be the back of the quilt. Hope it turns out good :) So all the fabric will be included in his quilt except for the blue chevron, unless I change my mind :)
 
I'll keep you posted on how the sewing is going. I just washed and dried the fabric so I should be ready to start soon.

After the fabric store we went out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings - Gabe's choice, it was delish!  We then registered for Baby Grape at Target, which was super fun! I'll still add some things most likely but it was a good start. Thanks for all the advice from different mom's on what to register for :) Then we found a mall (which ended up being fairly empty, we later found out the new mall was about a mile down the road) Anyway, we wandered around there and were going to have Coldstone - my choice, but it had moved to the other location. Luckily there was a Cheesecake Factory there so we had a slice of cheesecake which was delish! It was a fun date day and productive as well! It was nice for Gabe to have a day off  during the week so we didn't have to fight as much of the weekend crowd.

Hopefully I'll have pics of the projects soon! You can ask me how it's going, hopefully that will keep me on track. I just saw that it's 121 days until our due date, so I better not procrastinate too much!

 Here's the inspiration fabric :)
We couldn't resist this cute fabric, I'll probably make a blanket out of it!


4 comments:

  1. That fabric is adorable! Its fun to read about your baby adventures, tanks for posting. Auntie Ashley is trying to be patient :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color choices! And such cute fabrics too! I can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be a busy, nesting momma! Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cross your fingers, I'm about to start the curtains!

    ReplyDelete