Monday, September 9, 2013

Hard Working Husband

I was thinking this morning about how grateful I am for Gabe and his willingness to work hard to provide for our family. He never complains about getting up early, working 12+ hours a shift, going to bed late, having to miss meals while at work, and miss out on things with friends because of his work schedule.

Residency is one of those things that you hear people talk about "it's the worst time of your life" "busiest time of your life" "get used to no sleep" etc. yet until you are going through it you really don't understand what it's all about. As a close bystander I kind of understand what he's going through, but I'm not at the hospital each day trying to please attending's, residents, patients, and patient families all while trying to think critically and save peoples lives, so I'll never fully understand.

So I've decided it's my responsibility to support Gabe the best I can here at home through prayer, home cooked meals, a clean house (or an attempt at it), clean clothes, and a warm welcoming smile whenever he comes home (as long as it's within reasonable waking hours). It's my pleasure to be the wife of such a hard working man and I appreciate the wonderful example he will be to our children with his hard work ethic and positive attitude.

Dr.Johnson, thank you for providing for our family! I appreciate and love you more and more each day!


This is his very first paycheck as a doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment