Wednesday, October 30, 2013

God is so Good!

When my folks were here visiting we were talking about life, babies, etc. My mom wondered how early Gabe was born and then thought it would be interesting to compare it to when I was that far along. Since the doctor's estimate he was born about 3 months early that would be at around 28 weeks. This week Grape turned 28 weeks old. It's truly a miracle that Gabe was born almost 30 years ago (sorry honey, just gave away your age :) in a 3rd world country with no NICU, no extraordinary life saving measures, weighing so little (I'll have to look up how much he weighed, I can't remember but I bet Rhonda knows :) and that he survived and has thrived through out life! I'm so glad that the Lord saw Gabe as a little baby and wrapped His loving arms around him and helped him to survive and that He brought Gabe to Chris and Rhonda to be loved and nurtured! 

I keep telling Grape not to get any ideas, just because his Daddy came into the world early doesn't mean he should. So far he's listening well. We would prefer a well done Grape, cooked to 40 weeks. We've been praying that he will be a strong and healthy boy when he is born!

According to a couple of websites, here's what Grape's developing this week:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/4 pounds, is almost 15 inches long from head to heel, and can blink his eyes (which now sport lashes).

He's starting to develop more fat, so his wrinkly skin will start to get smoother.

2 comments:

  1. Joy, what a lovely testimony about your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A "well done Grape" wouldn't that be a raisin then? :)

    ReplyDelete