Last week Micah and I took a road trip to visit the Moore's and the Zdenek's in Pittsburgh. Google maps says it should take 7 hours, they obviously aren't traveling with a 8 wee k old. It took us about 10 hours. We only had to stop twice for Micah to eat and he was a great traveler which was a total blessing. The thing about traveling with babies is that they take so much stuff. I told Ashley I felt like I was moving in, when we got there she kind of chuckled at how much stuff we had. We used most of it so that's good. I hate packing a ton of stuff and then never using it. For one thing the stroller takes up a ton of space, plus the pack and play, a suit case for me, a suit case for Micah, a few toys, car seat which takes up quite a bit of space, and a bunch of miscellaneous things, basically when we have another kid I'll need a limo to put all the stuff in it.
We had a wonderful visit. Auntie Ashley and Uncle Kyle got to meet Micah for the first time. They jumped right in feeding him bottles and changing diapers which I appreciated :) Micah enjoyed all the cuddle time and snuggles. Micah also got to meet Auntie Nicole and Uncle Colin. I gave Micah a pep talk on the way there to make sure he was extra good because we want our friends to have kids some day and didn't want them to be scared. He was on his best performance so hopefully he helped convince them that he needs little friends ;)
We didn't do a ton when we were there. Everything takes a little longer with a baby and it was nice to just relax and hang out. We did walk to Aldi, do some shopping, went out for brunch, soup at the Zdeneks, pizza at the Moore's. It was great just to hang out like the good o'l days. So here's some pictures from our trip. My previous post from Micah's photo shoot are courtesy of Ashley and Nicole's talent and creativity.
Ready for a road trip. Daddy likes soccer, Mommy likes the Huskers - maybe I'll be a NE Soccer Player!
Uncle Kyle jumping right in to feed Micah a bottle
Snuggles with Auntie Ashley!
Sweet Smile!
Breaking in the stroller with a trip to Aldi
 |
| Auntie Nicole snuggle time! |
 |
| Colin and Nicole |
 |
| Bath time! |
 |
| Micah loves having his hair washed! |
 |
| Isn't this what everybody does on a Friday night? Sit around and watch the baby? |
 |
| Somebody is getting sleepy! |
 |
| Such a pro! |
 |
| Roxy also enjoyed having Micah around - specifically for a new place to sleep and a new toy - his pacifier |
 |
| Auntie Ashley made this sweet blanket for Micah - it's so soft and made with love! |
 |
| Micah loves his Auntie! |
 |
| Ready for a shopping adventure! |
 |
| Sunday Brunch with the Moore's |
 |
| Mmmmm pancakes! |
 |
| Micah's brunch :) |
 |
| Auntie Nicole getting Micah to smile! |
 |
| Sweet little face! |
 |
| Uncle Kyle, you're so funny, especially when you do an impression of my Daddy! |
 |
| Micah and Uncle Kyle were deciding which boat they should buy |
Thanks for a wonderful trip friends and for letting us invade your space! Can't wait to come back again!
Oh, for some odd reason my camera is starting to take fuzzy pictures. Take note Mom and Dad and Chris and Rhonda if you want more pics of your Grandson I may need a new camera for a present some time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment