Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Midwest Trip

So its been a while since I've updated. We've been a little busy. We got to spend two weeks in the Midwest with our family and friends and it was wonderful!

We flew into Omaha and James and Audrey picked us up from the airport. Micah loved meeting his Uncle James and Auntie Audrey. They were so sweet to drive us to Hastings and spend the weekend with us. Time went by way too quickly! I tried to convince them to skip work and stay the week with us but they were responsible and went back to Omaha.

Our week in Hastings was full of Micah meeting his Grandma Great (my Grandma Wall), meeting our sweet friends Kristen and Sonny and their little boy Josiah, eating at DQ, Gabe went to a movie, we both enjoyed watching cable. My Dad and Gabe watched a lot of March Madness. Mom and I did a little shopping. It was a wonderful week of relaxing and visiting!














































That Friday Mom and Dad drove us to Humboldt, IA so Micah could meet his Great Grandpa and Grandma Nervig (lovingly known as Gr and Gr Uff da thanks to my cousin Erica's little boy Brody :) And he got to meet his Great Aunt Deanna and Uncle Rick and his cousin Amy. We had a fun time going out to eat, watching basketball, and doing facials for Amy - the bride to be in May :) 


Saturday Morning my sweet friend Alyssa met us in Humboldt for breakfast - it was so fun to catch up on life! We then continued our journey to MN to Chris and Rhonda's. My folks were kind enough to drive us the entire way. Micah then got to meet his Auntie Ruthie, Great Grandpa and Grandma Roeming along with his Great Great Uncle Ken and Aunt Shirley. We had a wonderful meal complete with an ice cream cake from DQ :)

On Sunday Micah was dedicated at church. Chris did the ceremony - which was special because he married us 5 1/2 years ago and now he had the opportunity to dedicate his first grandson. Both of our Mom's read a scripture verse and my Dad said a prayer. It was so fun to have the entire family involved. Micah did his part by having a massive poop during his Grandpa Nervig's prayer and in the process spit up half his bottle on the front of his shirt. Of course I didn't have a burp cloth on stage because it didn't go with my outfit. Thank goodness Gabe had a couple of kleenix in his pocket. So I'm sure my Dad's prayer was very sweet and well thought out but I have no clue what he said because I was too busy trying to contain the mess and laugh quietly. Ah babies, never a dull moment. The church was so sweet and had a nice cake reception and shower following the service. Micah also got to meet his Great Aunt Larina and Uncle Kent and cousins Krista and Siri who came to visit from Rochester.

The rest of the week we hung around Waseca. I did a lot of sleeping. Gabe got to see an old friend. Gabe and I went on a date to our favorite diner for breakfast while Micah stayed with his Nana. Then we opened up his savings account for college (that seems so far away but I'm sure it will be here before we know it!) My sweet friend Amy drove down from the Cities one day to visit us - we went to DQ for old time sake just like undergrad :) Ruthie did a photo shoot with Micah which was a lot of fun as well.

We then flew back to NY on Saturday. The two weeks flew by, seems like time goes quicker when you're with those you love! Hopefully I didn't forget anyone who Micah met. He was a popular little boy!

Can't wait to visit again! Thanks for a wonderful trip!

*More pictures to come, but my camera cord is in Micah's room and you know what they say "never wake a sleeping baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment