Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Aftermath of Pregnancy

I was pondering pregnancy the other day and thought about all the crazy things it does to a woman. I really did enjoy being pregnant but I really enjoy having Micah in my arms!

When I was pregnant with Micah I loved my thick hair and glowing skin. Now that I'm 3+months post baby my hair is falling out by the handfuls, I think I may be bald in a month of so. Good thing I don't work in food service, my hair net might not be able to catch it all. I'll miss having thick hair as I've never had thick hair. Thankfully my skin isn't doing anything crazy, although I don't think it's glowing anymore.

When I was pregnant I loved how my stomach was like "rock hard abs" ok, not really but since Micah was in there my tummy wasn't flabby. Now I'm stuck trying to convince my abs that they should come back to life, especially because swim suit season is right around the corner and I don't know if I'm willing to commit to a "mom" suit yet. When Micah does his tummy time I will often try to do a plank or something for "mommy tummy time."

When I was pregnant I tried to get as much rest as possible because that's what everyone says to do "sleep while you can." Ironically I got to the point where I couldn't sleep because I was uncomfortable or I had to go to the bathroom. In reality it's just preparation for being up multiple times a night with a baby. Thankfully Micah is now sleeping through the night! 

When I was pregnant I was excited to get back to "regular clothes" and have more selection, now I secretly miss my spandex pants. Zippers and buttons are way overrated!

Overall I loved being pregnant because it brought me my sweet little man. I do miss my flat stomach but I'll keep working on it. It really is neat the way the Lord designed our bodies, just wish I could pick and chose what would stay and what would go. I'd keep the thick hair and lose the extra weight :)


1 comment:

  1. You are a sweet mommy. Don't worry, your hair stops falling out about month 6 ... I know. It's a long ways off. I broke a vacuum with all the hair that fell out. Lance was NOT pleased.

    ReplyDelete