Ah motherhood, this crazy, wonderful whirlwind that's overtaken my life, hence the lack of blog posts. I'll get better but for now I'm enjoying every minute I can with our little man and trying to figure out how to juggle all the other things in life. So here's my thoughts after 7 weeks (yes, 7 weeks already, how did that happen?)
The Good:
-Micah is adorable, yes I may be partial, but random strangers in the store also tell me how cute, handsome, adorable etc he is. He is such a good baby (although I have no other babies of my own to compare him to) but he really only fusses/cries if he's hungry, wet/dirty, or tired. He truly is a blessing!
-I didn't realize how much my heart would grow when I became a mom. The love I have for Micah is indescribable.
-Sweet smiles from my little man, I can't wait for them to become even more frequent so I can capture them on camera to share with you!
-In this short amount of time I feel like I understand a little better God's love for me as His child.
The Bad: Well, let's not say bad, but different.
-I didn't realize how much time I would not have to do everything else around the house, like clean the bathroom, dust, laundry etc.
-Its different not having time to spend with just Gabe, we used to be able to sit and chat or go to a movie, out to eat etc. Now I can spend time with Gabe but Micah is there to, which is fine, but I feel like I can't give Gabe my full attention. Gabe hasn't complained, I just feel like I used to help "take care" of him and now I'm so busy taking care of Micah I don't have time to do those little things I used to.
-In general I run a couple minutes late, now with a newborn I'm super late. Its really a miracle that people with children can go anywhere in public and make it there before the event ends, or to the grocery store before 5 pm.
-I think I'm developing DeQuervain's Tenosynovitis. You would think I would know how to prevent it considering I often see patients with it all the time (it's a tendinitis of two tendons in your thumb, caused often by excessive/repetitive radial and ulnar deviation, just think about how you put your hands underneath a newborns armpits and lift them out of a crib etc, that's the motion that causes it)
The Smelly:
-Well first of all I feel like I constantly smell like milk. Whether that's in the form of spit up, breast milk, or formula, it's like my new perfume!
-I'm on the shower every other day schedule. It's really a miracle if I have enough time to shave my legs :)
-Smelly diapers, wow I ate broccoli the other day and then Micah had some lovely diapers :)
-In the smelly category I will also add dirty. You never realize how dusty your baseboards are until you spend a lot of time on the floor playing. I've now dusted most of them, but of course never all at once because it's difficult to complete any task beginning to end without an interruption from the little man (but I do love the interruptions!)
No comments:
Post a Comment