This past week we had the pleasure of having Gabe's folks, Chris and Rhonda, with us. It was wonderful to have them! Micah enjoyed snuggle time and being spoiled, I enjoyed being able to take naps, and Gabe enjoyed going into the city with his Dad to the MET. We had a nice lazy week spending most of the time at home (since Micah isn't supposed to go out in big crowds until he's 8 weeks old). We did venture out to church where Micah received rave reviews. We kept him in his carrier in order to prevent too much touching/germ sharing. Gabe's Uncle Larry and Edward came to visit from Conneticut so that was fun to have them come. Larry made delicious lasagna so that was a treat! Micah's first cousin once removed Adam also came to meet him. Taylor, another first cousin once removed, joined us for our "super bowl party" which really was more eating and then skyping with Great Aunt Cathy and Great Grandmom Johnson. Technology is a wonderful thing! Chris and Rhonda watched Micah one day while Gabe and I went on a date - we had sushi and it was delish! I hadn't had raw fish for a long time so it was a wonderful treat (never thought I would write that!). It was nice for Gabe and I to get out of the house and enjoy each other's company - yes Micah was a large part of our conversation. I guess that's how parenthood goes. We had a great week but it went by way to fast! Can't wait to have the Chris and Rhonda back again!
What a cute little peanut! I'm happy that you've been blessed by family!
ReplyDelete