Monday, December 23, 2013

The Final Countdown

How can this be, we're in the last month before Grapey arrives. I've been keeping track of how many weeks along we are so I knew that 36 weeks is tomorrow (yes, yikes! so fast!) but when my lovely Mother in Law called on Saturday to say "happy one month until due date" things suddenly became very real.

By real I mean, ahhhhhh I feel like I still have a lot to do. After thinking about it I don't have that much to do, I just like to be prepared and plan ahead, so I figure I should have all the big stuff done within the next week, you never know when he'll make his appearance.

Here's my list so far:

-Finish Quilt
-Organize clothes in nursery (this will be the 7th or so time I do this, Gabe always walks into the nursery and says "what are you doing?" to which I respond "nesting" I just can't help myself, this will probably be the most organized it ever is, I just like to know what he has and what we need :)
-Pack hospital bags (for all 3 of us)
-Order breast pump
-Buy newborn diapers, I have a couple boxes of size 1 and 2 but he probably won't weigh 10 lbs when he's born so I should have a box of newborn size on hand
-Make a list of who we need to call/text once he arrives
-Buy baby shampoo, lotion, and socks - you know those random Target items that you need
-Order pack and play, changing table pad and cover, humidifier etc
-Enjoy my time with Gabe
-Sleep in as often as possible
-Get a pedicure
-Get my haircut (true confessions, it's been since we moved from Des Moines that I've had my hair cut, its a good way to save money by growing my hair out :)

I'm sure I'll think of other things but that's probably enough for now. Any other suggestions of what a mommy to be should do with her "spare time" before the little man arrives. I've been working more which is why I haven't been posting very often, I figure I should take the hours while I can :)

So here's to another month of growing Grape and preparing for his arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment