Friday, December 13, 2013

A Little Johnson Thanksgiving

I'm a little behind on posting because I've been picking up more hours for work (which is a blessing so thanks for being patient with me :)

Gabe had Thanksgiving day off this year which was a complete blessing. So we had a quiet day just the 3 of us here at home. In classic Thanksgiving style we watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade on tv while eating cinnamon rolls. There was lots of football watching and of course more eating. Gabe made the Turkey and I made the sides, we finished our meal with a Mixed Berry Pie from "The Village Piemaker" (a lady who makes pies in a small town in NE, Gabe loves their pies so my folks brought a couple when they came to visit and we saved one). Gabe was kind enough to use part of his time on his day off to set up the glider and stroller. Now all the big things are set up. We also got to chat with both of our families via Skype and Facetime which was fun! I thought that spending Thanksgiving by ourselves would be harder than it was. The Lord was so gracious to calm my heart and help me be content with our current location. I love spending time with family, especially holidays, but I know that the Lord has us here for a reason and for now I'll continue to trust him for peace in all situations.

Here's some pictures from our day. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

 Glider construction
 Coffee is always a must!
 All the hard work has paid off!
 Gabe prepping the turkey
 Almost ready to eat!
 Looks delicious and it also tasted delicious!
 Sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, and stuffing
 Sweet potatoes are my favorite!
 You can't forget the canned jelled cranberries and the cranberry juice with Sprite

 Happy Thanksgiving!
 
 Stroller assembly
 Ready to rock and roll
 
 
Now was can look forward to planning for our little Christmas celebration!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! What a feast! I can totally imagine you guys in your kitchen cooking your holiday meal :)

    ReplyDelete