I'm sure all parents would agree that time really does fly, especially with a little one. Our little Grapey, I mean Micah, (yes, sometimes we still call him Grape) will be 3 weeks old this Sunday. I was thinking today how much our lives have changed in 3 weeks.
My house has never been as messy/cluttered as it is now, but I don't care, I would rather snuggle than clean, not to mention I don't have a ton of energy yet.
Usually I shower daily, fix my hair, and apply make up, or at least put on clean clothes. Now I'm excited if I shower every other day.
Now I often see multiple hours of the clock at night. At least he's cute so the night time feedings are worth it :)
Previously I would reflect back on my day by looking at my to do list and all the things I was able to cross off, now I don't even have a list, but I am starting to make a mental list so I'm sure the physical list won't be far behind. I consider my day productive if I empty the dishwasher.
As an extrovert I love being out, seeing people, running errands etc. Now I haven't been out of the house in days (the doctor said Micah is supposed to avoid large crowds for 8 weeks, yikes that's a long time for this mommy to stay inside, although its been so cold its a nice excuse to stay in)
Never in my life have I talked about poop as much as I have the past 2 weeks. Its often the topic of Gabe and my conversation, how many dirty diapers have been changed during the day.
Gabe and I would often watch a tv show at night, sometimes now we just sit on the couch and watch Micah sleep and talk about how cute he is. Yep, we're those parents.
Those are a few of the changes that have been in our household since Micah's arrival. It's been fun to see how he is growing and changing. His head control is increasing, we've been doing some tummy time to work on getting stronger. He's been staying awake for longer periods of time during the day (and night). We've been blessed with such a content baby, I'm convinced he has Gabe's laid back personality.
So when people say a baby changes everything, I totally agree. It's been good, a learning curve, but good to say the least.
Here's some more pics of our little man, because this Mommy can't believe how cute he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment